My official 2008 writing resolutions
As I promised, I've had a long, cold drink in the living room (under the air-conditioning, because we had temperatures around 40C) and my goals for 2008 are planned.
I think I get better year by year at making them specific and reasonable enough that I actually get a few done - perhaps not in fiction writing but certainly in other areas, and I was so proud to actually exceed my plans for paid freelance writing. But in my heart I'm a fiction writer, so I don't want to focus on the paid travel writing at the exclusion of my "big dreams".
When I wrote my 2008 Resolutions, quite unintentionally I put all the writing goals at the top. I guess that's a good sign (though maybe not for my weight or my ambition to reorganise the house). Here they are:
Anyway, now they're out there. You can hound me on these. Ask me every day if you want. If I know you people out there are holding me accountable for doing these things, miracles occur! (I learnt that through completing NaNoWriMo). Bring on 2008!!
I think I get better year by year at making them specific and reasonable enough that I actually get a few done - perhaps not in fiction writing but certainly in other areas, and I was so proud to actually exceed my plans for paid freelance writing. But in my heart I'm a fiction writer, so I don't want to focus on the paid travel writing at the exclusion of my "big dreams".
When I wrote my 2008 Resolutions, quite unintentionally I put all the writing goals at the top. I guess that's a good sign (though maybe not for my weight or my ambition to reorganise the house). Here they are:
- Edit my 2007 NaNoWriMo novel and submit it
- Plan and write my second novel idea - plan during the year and write in NaNoWriMo 2008
- Write more short stories: submit to at least 20 contests
- Increase blogging work and freelance travel writing income by 50% (my real goal list has the figure, but that's a secret!)
- Monetise my Ballerina blog. I think. I'm still not sure if that's where I want to go with this one - but let's say, at least consider the issue carefully
Anyway, now they're out there. You can hound me on these. Ask me every day if you want. If I know you people out there are holding me accountable for doing these things, miracles occur! (I learnt that through completing NaNoWriMo). Bring on 2008!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home